QuickBooks is an accounting software that collects and analyzes all the generated data to create valuable reports and documents for the user. As a user, you can host the company file, and multiple systems can access the file simultaneously, and all the changes made by them are automatically stored in the file. Unfortunately, some users have reported they are blocked by QuickBooks Error H505 when they try to access their company file hosted on a network. If you are also unable to connect to your company file, this blog will help you understand the triggers of this error and the appropriate methods to terminate it.
You can also resolve this error with the assistance of a QB support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
The causes for the occurrence of this QB error are given below-
- A workstation is running in multi-user mode and set to be the host for the company file in a multi-user network.
- The company file has turned into an unsupported format for the software due to damage.
- QuickBooks is facing restrictions of the windows firewall while connecting to the multi-user network.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15102
You can eliminate this error by following the methods listed below-
Solution 1- Stop workstations from running in multi-user mode acting as a server
A company file can be shared among many users to work on it simultaneously. If a workstation connected to the network runs in multi-user mode and tries to host a company file, the multi-user network will be affected, and accessing the company file will not be possible. This error will develop whenever you try to access the company due to misconfigured hosting settings in the software. Follow the steps listed below to fix the settings-
- Approach the workstation that initially developed this error.
- Click on the Fileoption in QuickBooks and select Utilities.
- Tap the Stop hosting multi-user access
- Go to all the other workstations and repeat the same steps above to ensure the workstation runs in single-user mode.
Once the configuration of the workstations is set, you need to approach the server computer and ensure that it runs in multi-user mode while hosting the company file.
- Open QuickBooks on the server computer and tap File.
- Select Utilitiesand click on the Host multi-user access mode.
- Reboot your PC and try to open the file again.
If you face the error again while opening your company file, try the next method.
Solution 2- Use Quick fix my file to repair the data file
This error can also occur due to damage in the company file, which can cause the software to struggle while opening the company file. Use the steps below-
- Open QB Tool and click on Company file issues.
- Select the Quick fix my fileoption to begin repairing the file.
- Try to open the company file again in QuickBooks after the company file is repaired.
You will now face no problems opening your company file.
We have reached the farthest limit of this blog describing QuickBooks Error H505 and the possible causes it can affect your PC. We hope the methods in the blog are easy to execute and help rectify this QuickBooks error from your PC.
If you need to clarify any remaining doubts, feel free to reach out to a QB ProAdvisor support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: Innovative Techniques to Tackle QuickBooks Error 1722