Dental Crowns and Bridges in Yelahanka | Dental Sage helps in restoring your tooth functions with high quality dental crowns and bridges in Yelahanka.
A chipped or cracked tooth can not only hinder your confidence but also important functions like biting and chewing are made difficult. In such cases, you can consider dental crowns or bridges.
Dental crowns and bridges are permanent solutions for missing teeth. These restorative procedures help in restoring your tooth functions and also in making your smile bright and beautiful again.
How Do Dental Cleaning and Check-ups Work at Dental Sage?
Dental Crowns: A dental crown, also known as a dental cap, is a protective covering for a tooth that has been injured. A dental crown will safeguard your tooth once it is in place, making it stronger than it was before the crown was placed. Dental crowns are made up of different materials, such as metals, resin, porcelain, and ceramics.
Bridges: A dental bridge is a means to restore function and fill gaps in your smile if teeth have been broken beyond repair or are gone. The support for your permanent bridge comes from the adjacent teeth. Natural teeth on either side of the gap are crowned and used to support a crown or crowns that will close the gap.
The procedure crown and bridge placement begin with the dentists taking an impression of the faulty tooth or the tooth gap for a personalized temporary crown or bridge. This procedure may require local anaesthesia. Then, after removing existing decay, the dentist lowers the height and circumference of the tooth or bridge abutment teeth. Later, the dentist puts a thick floss-like length of cord in the gum pocket. The cable gently separates the gum tissue from the tooth, and this allows the dentist to take a good imprint.
The impression taken will be sent to a dental lab where the crown or bridge will be made.
Later, the cord is cut and the temporary crown is placed before the permanent one, as it takes a few days for the dental lab to create a permanent crown or bridge. The patient returns a few weeks later for their permanent crown or bridge.
Advantages of Crowns & Bridges
- Dental crowns alleviate the pain and sensitivity associated with a broken tooth.
- Dental crowns keep cracks from spreading and causing damage to the tooth’s nerve.
- They can also help to modify the bite in order to avoid or alleviate TMJ symptoms.
- Dental crowns can also improve the appearance of broken teeth or teeth with massive silver fillings.
- A bridge can help to maintain a balanced bite, which reduces the risk of adjacent teeth becoming overly stressed.
- With bridges, you can eat your food comfortably.
- Bridges can help in the retention of a patient’s facial shape.
- They also aid in the retention and prevention of adjacent teeth moving.
To know more, visit: https://dentalsage.co.in/ or call us @ 076196 48784