QuickBooks is one of the prominent accounting applications used by businesses worldwide. You need to install this application to utilize its various functions and features. But sometimes, while installing QuickBooks, issues can arise that can prevent users from accessing the application. One such issue is the QuickBooks error 1618, which can occur due to problems while installing the runtime library. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 1618, you can follow the solutions given in this article to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.
Main Factors leading to QuickBooks Desktop Error 1618
QuickBooks error message 1618 can arise due to the following common reasons –
- There are issues with the QB installation files, and these files might be corrupted or missing from your system.
- Issues with the Windows registry or the registry files can trigger installation issues in QB.
- Essential files needed to run QuickBooks are missing from your system or are accidentally deleted by the user.
- There is some damage in the Microsoft runtime library while running the QB installation process.
- A virus or malware infection has attacked your system, and it is also affecting the QuickBooks installation process.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks error 15106
Methods to Address the QuickBooks Installation Error 1618
QuickBooks runtime error 1618 can be reliably resolved by using the solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Update the Windows Installer by Running your System as an Admin
Issues with the QB installation process can be eliminated by updating the Windows installer.
- Log in to the computer as aWindows Administrator and see if the Windows Installer is updated or not.
- If not, click on My Computerand access the C drive to navigate to this path – C:\WINDOWS\system32 and right-click on the exe
- Select Propertiesand choose your Version to see all the information related to the Windows Installer’s
- Update the software if the application is not having the latest updates, and once done, reboot your PC.
- Lastly, run the QB installation process and see if the QB error code 1618 is eliminated.
Solution 2 – Activate the Install Diagnostic Utility from the Tool Hub to Run a QB Diagnosis
Error code 1618 in QuickBooks Desktop can be removed by using the install diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
- Exit QuickBooks and download the QB tool hub setup file from Intuit’s official site, followed by installing the utility.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process, and once done, run the QuickBooks Tool Hubto access the Installation Issues
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tooland run a diagnosis to scan the application for issues.
- Lastly, perform the QB installation process again to check the status of the 1618 error code.
QuickBooks error 1618 can be easily eliminated by performing the steps provided in this blog. If the error code remains unresolved, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Also read: QuickBooks script error: Simple fixes to eliminate the error