The Hosting feature in QuickBooks permits other devices, known as workstations, to open and operate the files that are stored on the host computer, which stores the company file. But, sometimes, if this feature is disabled or incorrectly set up, it ends up with a “Hosting Mode is Off QuickBooks” error. There can be various reasons that can disable the hosting mode, like a misconfiguration in the system settings, a backend coding error, etc. Follow this article to the end to learn how to turn on hosting mode on QuickBooks.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can call us at TFN to get help from our technical team.
Quick Steps To Turn On QuickBooks Hosting Mode in QuickBooks
You will get many options to turn on the QuickBooks hosting mode on & install the QB database server utility, and some of them have been listed below.
Method 1: Try Configuring the Default Settings to Rectify the Error
Before hosting QuickBooks on a server, you need to check the default settings are correctly configured; if not, follow the step below:
- Access QuickBooks, click on ‘Files, ‘and tap on the ‘Utilities‘ option followed by ‘Host Multi-user Access.
- Add the required number of users with the company file, and if the multi-user mode is enabled, press ‘Cancel.‘
- Afterward, it would help if you disabled it and generated unique login credentials for all users; your setup is complete for use.
Read more: How do I update my QuickBooks desktop payroll
Method 2: Turning on the Network Discovery on your Device
If you see that the QB hosting mode is turned off, attempt to switch on the network discovery.
- Locate the system control panel and then choose the “network sharing center” option on the screen.
- Go to the “change advanced sharing setting” and expand your current profile.
- Now you are required to go to the “network discovery” and then turn it back on.
- Find the “password-protected sharing option” and then tap on the “turn off password-protection sharing option.”
- Hit on Save and quit the window.
Method 3: Opening the .qbw file on your Desktop
Another solution that can help you to turn on hosting is by opening the company file. Here are the steps to be followed for QuickBooks add-on hosting services.
- Go to the “QuickBooks File Menu” and then choose “Open” or “Restore Company File.”
- Next, find the location of your company files and then go to the location.
- Select the file with an extension as .qbw in the folder; just press “open” and then enter your login credentials when asked.
Hosting mode in QuickBooks is essential to work on the application; this article mentions the easy steps on how to turn on hosting mode in QuickBooks. If you need help from our support team, ring us at TFN to get help from our technical team.
Also read: QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly