QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software available in many versions designed according to different user aspects. The software records the cash flow of the business and helps the user to control their unnecessary expenses. The financial data can be shared among multiple users using a multi-user network. QuickBooks error 6150 restricts you from connecting to the company file, and as a result, you won’t be able to work on the company file data. If you have also lost your access to the company file due to this error, continue reading the blog till the end to discover the reasons for this error and the steps you can take to resolve it.
QB-related queries can be clarified quickly by talking to a QB support team available at +1 800-417-5147.
The potential conditions that can cause this error in QuickBooks are listed below-
• The company is no longer usable after damage incurred by data corruption in your hard drive.
• Virus/Malware like CryptoWall encrypts the files making them inaccessible for QuickBooks.
• The location of the company file specified in the software is incorrect, due to which the software fails to connect with it.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1327
The methods you can use to tackle this error from QuickBooks are compiled underneath-
Solution 1- Check for CryptoWall virus and remove the files infected with it
The CryptoWall virus is a dangerous virus that encrypts the files in a system and makes them inaccessible. If your system also gets infected with this virus, the QB files may be affected, and the software develops this error when you try to access the file. You must check the Windows Firewall or your antivirus to see if they have intercepted the CryptoWall virus. Do as per the steps given below to check for the virus in your system files-
1. Open the QuickBooks folder with the help of the search panel or the file explorer.
2. The default location of the folder is C:\Users\User name\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooksXX.
3. Check if any files contain ‘decrypt’ or ‘instructions’ words in their name.
4. If none of such files exists, then your QB data is safe. But, if you see files with the words in their file name, you are recommended to take professional help.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks File doctor tool to repair company file
This error can also develop if you the software fails to access the company file due to its unreadable format. The company file might be harmed due to data corruption or a virus attack and is no longer usable by the software. Proceed according to the steps below-
1. Restart your PC and run the QuickBooks Tool hub.
2. Tap the Company File issues in the top menu and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
3. Choose your company file in the pre-available list or click on Browse.
4. Enter your QB Admin password to start the tool and wait until the damage is repaired.
The company file will become accessible after applying the methods above.
This brings us to the end of our blog, focusing on QuickBooks error 6150 and the potential reasons for it to develop. The countermeasures for this error are also present in the blog, which can be applied to get rid of this QuickBooks error.
If you are left with any remaining queries, approach a QB support team at +1 800-417-5147.
Related article : QuickBooks error 30114