QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software used by businesses to meet their accounting needs. The software acts as a virtual accountant and precisely executes all the monetary tasks. Unfortunately, the software can also foster internal errors that are troublesome for users. QuickBooks Error H202 appears in the software when the user tries switching to multi-user mode for hosting a company file in the multi-user network. If you also faced this issue while connecting to your company file in the multi-user network, continue reading the blog to figure out its causes and the methods to rectify it.
You can quickly fix this issue with the assistance of a QB support team available at 1.855.738.2784.
- Your system’s connection to the server is blocked by a firewall or other antivirus installed on your computer.
- The Transaction log and network descriptor file are damaged, leading to issues in the multi-user network.
- The company file you want to open exists in an unsupported format after incurring damage.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12002
Solution 1- Repair the QB program files and scan them using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This issue can also occur if the Database Server Manager struggles to run or crashes in the background due to a damaged transaction log and network descriptor file. These files are used to store the transactions and initiate the multi-user network. In case any of these files gets damaged, the multi-user network gets directly affected, after which the software fails to access or host the company file. You must refer to the following steps to fix this issue-
- Go to the folder having your QB files.
- Find files with extensions .TLG & .ND and having an identical name to your company file.
- Right-click on the file and tap Rename.
- Add ‘.old’ as an extension to the file name.
- Rename the other file too.
- Use the search panel to open the QuickBooks Database Server manager if installed separately or go to Network Issues in the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Choose your QB folder after clicking Browse in the Scan Folder tab.
- Click on Start scan and wait.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to switch to multi-user mode again.
Solution 2- Repair the company file using the QuickBooks Tool hub
This issue can also occur due to issues in the company file. You can easily repair the file using the tools in the QB tool hub. Refer to the steps below-
- Run QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Company file issues.
- Select Quick fix my file and wait until the file is repaired.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try to re-access the data file.
The issue will be resolved after using the methods mentioned above.
This brings us to the end of our blog that explains QuickBooks Error H202 and the causes of it to occur in the software. We hope you used the methods mentioned in the blog and the error is eliminated from the software.
If the error is still not gone, rectify it with the help of a QB support team available at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723