QuickBooks payroll-related errors usually occur while updating the payroll function. One such error is the QuickBooks error 15215, which occurs when the digital signature is not verified. There can be a few possible reasons for the QuickBooks payroll error 15215. The error code prevents the users from downloading the latest payroll updates and maintenance releases. If you are facing this error, you need to follow the solutions provided in this article to resolve it and resume working on the application seamlessly.
If you are having trouble resolving the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15215?
The QuickBooks error code 15215 can occur due to the following factors –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not installed correctly, or the installation steps is faulty.
- There is a virus infection, or malware has infected your QuickBooks payroll files.
- You have accidentally deleted some essential QuickBooks files from the system.
- Incorrect or misconfigured internet settings can also lead to payroll errors.
- Other applications are running in the background while updating QuickBooks payroll.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Address the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15225 Reliably
If you are getting the QuickBooks update error 15225, follow the steps given below to resolve it –
Step 1. Reconfigure Windows and Restart it in the Selective Startup Mode
You need to run Windows in selective startup mode and then update the payroll function.
- Go to the Run window from the Windows Start menu and type msconfig in the search box.
- Open the system configuration utility and select Selective Startup and Load System Services options to activate the mode.
- Hit OK and restart your system to rerun QuickBooks and download the payroll updates again.
- Once done, switch back to the Normal Mode by choosing Normal Startup.
Step 2. Modify Advanced Internet Settings to Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
Reconfigure your internet to fix the connection issues and remove the QuickBooks Desktop error 15225.
- Open Internet Explorer and from the Tools menu, go to the Internet Options tab.
- From the Advanced tab, go to Advanced Settings and checkmark the TLS 1.0 box.
- Uncheck the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 boxes and exit Internet Explorer to run QuickBooks.
- Update payroll and check the status of the error code 15225.
Step 3. Create a New Rule and Change the Advanced Firewall Settings
You need to allow QuickBooks through your Windows Firewall to prevent any blockage and eliminate the QuickBooks payroll error 15225.
- Go to Windows Firewall from the Control Panel and select New Rule from the Advanced Settings.
- Click on Inbound Rules and select Port to checkmark the TCP option.
- Enter the specific port number and click on Allow the Connection, followed by entering a name for the rule.
- Hit Next and Finish to end the process and check the status of the error message 15225.
The QuickBooks error 15225 can be effectively eliminated with the help of the steps given above. If the error still exists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Issues