The error message “QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file” usually appears when a user tries to connect to the company file. You can also encounter this error when you update the operating system or the software. One of the primary reasons for the error is if you have the wrong DNS settings on your system. We will also have an insight into the other causes of this error in this blog. This error can be frustrating and can even hamper your productivity. We have listed a few methods for you to fix this error efficiently.
You can call us on 1-855-856-0042 and speak to our experts if the error message “QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file” is troubling you. Our experts can help you through the fixes to fix this error quickly.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks can’t access the company file error
You can go through these solutions to eliminate the “QuickBooks can’t access the company file” error from the screen.
Solution 1: Download the tool hub to run QB file doctor
- Download the tool hub on your system.
- Make sure to install it properly.
- Once installed, access your tool hub and move to company file issues.
- Now choose to run QB file doctor. Wait for it to run and complete the process.
- You can select your company file in the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Pick check your file option and then continue.
- Hit next after entering the admin credentials.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1723
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks
- Push to the help section and pick the “update QuickBooks desktop” option.
- Choose Options.
- Now choose yes to the automatic updates on.
- At last select close.
- Now, QuickBooks will automatically download the updates.
To update your QuickBooks manually, follow these steps:
- Move to the help section and choose to update QuickBooks desktop.
- Select update now and then get updates.
- As the update ends, close and reopen your QuickBooks.
- When the prompt appears to install the update, choose yes.
- Follow the on-screen commands as the installation ends.
Solution 3: Turn the hosting off
- Open your QuickBooks on just one workstation.
- Move to the file menu and tap on utilities.
- Do not select the “host multi-user access” option. Head to the next workstation.
- As you see the prompt “stop hosting multi-user access,” select it.
Once you check all the workstations, head to the server computer and reset the hosting settings. Check if the error message has disappeared. Try to check your firewall settings and see if the firewall is blocking QuickBooks access to the company file.
We have come to the end section of our blog and hope you can eliminate the error message “QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file.” If you have any queries, feel free to contact us on 1-855-856-0042. Our specialized experts can help you fix this error effectively by guiding you with each step.