QuickBooks error 6123 arises when the user tries to restore the backup of the company file in the application. This error can appear out of nowhere and interferes with the normal functioning of the file operations. The error code can arise when there are issues with the database service that is used to connect to the company file. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 6123 0, you can follow this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the solutions to address the error once and for all.
You can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our support team in case you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own.
What are the Common Causes for the QuickBooks Company File Error 6123?
- You are using an outdated QuickBooks version, and you need to upgrade it to the latest release to run the company file.
- There is some damage to the company file, and the file might not be running correctly in your application.
- You are trying to restore the company file backup from an external drive rather than the internal drive of your system.
- QuickBooks database service, which is used to access the company file in a multi-user environment, is not running correctly.
- Your Windows OS might not be updated and has become incompatible with running QuickBooks.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H101
Reliable Solutions for the QuickBooks Error 6123 while Restoring Company File
QuickBooks error message 6123 0 can be easily eliminated by following the solutions given below –
Solution 1 – Transfer the QB Company Files to Another Location to Access them Correctly
- Right-click on your desktop screen and choose the New Folder option to create a new folder.
- Give the folder an accessible name and go to the folder where your company files are saved to move the files.
- Copy the files by pressing the Ctrl + C keys or right-click on the file name to select Copy.
- Go back to the new folder and press Ctrl + V to paste the company file into the newly created folder.
- Lastly, try accessing the company file from the new location to check the status of the 6123 error code.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1603
Solution 2 – Fix the Damaged QB Files by Modifying the File Name
- Go to the Windows Start menu and search Explore to visit the location of your company file.
- Right-click the company file with the .ND extension and choose the Rename option to add .OLD at the end of the file name.
You can easily address QuickBooks error 6123 by using the solutions provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our expert team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15215