An essential feature of home remedies is that they can be carried out quite conveniently without putting much effort into different aspects such as preparation, intake, application, etc. The issue of swollen lymph nodes is quite common, and if you have a tendency of catching cold very often, then the problem of swollen lymph nodes might irritate you every now and then. Hence, you might wonder how to treat swollen lymph nodes in neck naturally at home. A number of efficient medications are available for the treatment of this particular condition, and if you go to the doctor, then he or she will be able to provide the much needed guidance regarding the particular course of treatment that is best for you. But still, the majority of us prefer to try out the home remedies first. This is completely normal and sometimes, these home remedies help in managing the concerned illness to a great extent. There are several remedies that can be used for managing this condition and it is recommended that you do a little bit of research before trying out any particular remedy from this list. This will help you in choosing the remedy that is best for your condition.
How to treat swollen lymph nodes in neck naturally? .
- Castor oil contains a particular fatty acid which is known as ricinoleic acid. This fatty acid provides amazing pain relieving, as well as anti-inflammatory properties to this oil.
- If you are suffering from swollen lymph nodes, then you can try applying castor oil packs to the affected area.
- Castor oil packs can be made very easily with the help of a piece of material that has been soaked in the oil.
- These packs can help in enhancing circulation, and alleviating the associated swelling.
- If you are someone who looks for proper scientific evidence to back up these home remedies, then you must note that, as of now, there is no scientific evidence which supports the use of castor oil for treating swollen lymph nodes.
- But still, you can try using these packs to see if you are getting any relief from the associated symptoms. In order to use this oil properly, you must follow the steps that have been enumerated below:
- To begin with, you must apply a thin layer of castor oil to the lymph nodes that have been affected. Then you should massage the area very gently.
- After that, you must soak a washcloth in hot water and then wring it out properly.
- Thereafter, you have to hold the soaked washcloth over the affected area for about 5–10 minutes. Then, you can rinse the oil off your skin.
Apple cider vinegar for managing swollen lymph nodes
- If you are wondering how to treat swollen lymph nodes in neck naturally at home, then Apple cider vinegar or ACV can be considered as a great option for you.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to have antimicrobial properties, and it has been effectively used for managing a number of conditions since decades.
- ACV is highly effective against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, as well as Escherichia coli.
- As per reports, acid cider vinegar can also be used for fighting off infections that might cause the swelling of lymph nodes. But, more clinical studies should be conducted in this field to validate this report.
- For managing swollen lymph nodes, apple cider vinegar can be used in two ways. These methods are listed below for the convenience of the readers.
- In the first method, you have to mix about 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some honey and warm water. Then, you have to take a washcloth and soak it in the mixture obtained. After that, you have to hold it over the swollen lymph node for sometime.
- In this method, you have to make a mixture using 1 cup of warm water and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Then, you have to soak a washcloth using this mixture and hold the cloth over the affected area gently.
Treat swollen lymph nodes in neck using basil & cinnamon
- In case you want to know how to treat swollen lymph nodes in neck naturally, then you must know that basil and cinnamon are efficient when it comes to managing the symptoms associated with swollen lymph nodes.
- Both basil and cinnamon can be considered as common household ingredients and hence, you will be able to try this remedy quite easily.
- Basil and cinnamon helps in managing the different symptoms of swollen lymph nodes because of the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that they possess.
- There are a number of ways in which you can take them. In most cases, people prefer combining them in a warm beverage. You can also add them to your tea.
- If you want to go with the warm beverage, then you should follow the procedure mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to boil about 3 cups of water.
- To this water, you have to add about 2 teaspoons of basil.
- Then, you have to add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to this water.
- Thereafter, you have to simmer, and then, let the whole mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- After that, you have to filter the mixture using a strainer. This will help in removing the solid particles.
- Finally, you can take the warm mixture slowly to manage your swollen lymph nodes.
We have discussed how to treat swollen lymph nodes in neck naturally at home. The natural remedies that have been covered in this discussion are quite safe and you do not have to worry about any unwanted side effects. But still, you must remember that all natural remedies are not safe and sometimes, you might have to face some undesirable side effects. The fact that something is natural doesn’t mean that it is totally healthy and safe. In fact, there are numerous natural and herbal remedies that have the potential to cause allergic reactions, or unwanted interactions with different medications that the patient might be already taking.