There are many essential services in QuickBooks that need to be running correctly for the application to access the company file. One such service is the QuickBooks database server manager, which can lead to company file issues if not running correctly. This situation can lead to the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer issue and can occur due to issues with the service. In this article, we will help you eliminate the QuickBooks database server manager stopped issue successfully.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or eliminating the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Won’t Start: Main Factors
The following common reasons might be leading to the QuickBooks server not running issue.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus application is causing an obstruction, which is preventing QuickBooks from functioning.
- There are internet connectivity issues in your system, and the connection is either unstable or weak.
- Essential files, like the network data file, are not running correctly or might be damaged/corrupted.
- The database service is not updated to the latest release, or the service might be inactive/disabled.
- The database server is not correctly installed on your PC, which is leading to issues while accessing the service.
Resolving Methods for the QuickBooks Database Service Stopped Issue
If your QBDBMgrN keeps stopping, you can use the steps given below to easily eliminate it –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
Step 1 – Restart the Database Service from the Run Window
You can address the database issues by restarting the service from the run window.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window and type Services.msc in the Run box to press Enter and access the command.
- Scroll down and search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service listed as either QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, or QuickBooksDB26, where 28 stands for the 2018 version, 27 for 2017, and 26 for the 2016 version of QuickBooks, and so on to perform the restart process.
- Right-click the proper QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service and select Restart to open your QBDBMgrN version.
- Try to open QuickBooks again and if you still can’t run QuickBooks, try the next troubleshooting solution to fix the database issues.
Step 2 – Restore the Company File from the File Tab
Another method to dismiss the QuickBooks database server manager failed to start issue is to restore the file.
- Launch the QB Desktop on the server or host computer and go to the File menu to hit the Open or Restore a Company File option.
- Further, choose to Open a Company File and hit Next to browse the company file and choose it.
- Open this file in the multi-user mode by choosing Open File and logging in to the company file with a regular username and password.
If the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer, you can perform the steps given in this blog to terminate it. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our QB professionals.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working