Are you receiving the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error when you try to open the QB desktop? When the error attacks the system, your QuickBooks software may shut down unexpectedly. You will start seeing an error message displaying on your screen. This error can be annoying for the users, so knowing the right solutions can help you fix this error quickly. There can be several causes for the error to appear on your screen. We will discuss them in this blog too.
You can ring us on 1-855-856-0042 to quickly fix the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error. Instead, we have a team of QB experts who will look into the matter and provide you with the right solutions to treat the error and get back working on QuickBooks.
Why does QuickBooks start to open and then close?
Please go through the causes below; if your QuickBooks start to open and then close.
- A corrupted QBWUSER.INI file on your system can cause the QuickBooks stopped working error.
- The error can come up on your screen if your QuickBooks desktop stops working and shuts abruptly.
- Check if the program is not corrupted. If yes, this could also be the reason for the error to trigger.
- If you have a company file name that is large, this can also lead to the QuickBooks has stopped working error.
- Ensure that your windows system has no damaged files, as that could allow the error to enter in.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks not opening error
Please go through the solutions below and move with each step, simultaneously implementing them in your system to remove the error message from the screen.
Solution 1: Utilize the tool hub
Step 1: Download the tool hub on your system
- Once you download the tool hub on your system, open the downloaded file.
- Move ahead with all the on-screen directions.
- Do not forget to accept the conditions.
- As the installation ends double click on the file to open the tool hub
Step 2: Try running Quick fix my program
- Choose program problems in the tool hub.
- Then select Quick fix my program.
- Start your QuickBooks and try opening the data file.
If running Quick Fix My Program did not help you in resolving the “QuickBooks not opening” error. You can try running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. You can get it in the tool hub by heading to program problems. It might take some time to complete the process. You can restart your pc and relaunch QuickBooks once the tool completes the process.
Solution 2: Try renaming the QBWUSER.INI file
- Access the folder where you have stored the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Enable hidden files and folders if you cannot see the folder.
- To rename the folder, right-click on it once you find it.
- Add the term .old at the end.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Then reopen your QuickBooks desktop.
Summing it up here!
Follow the above solutions to rectify the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error if you still see the error message popping up on your screen. Please give us a call on 1-855-856-0042. You can speak to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor professionals and get them to treat the error on time.
You may also read: Usable techniques to counter QuickBooks Error 1625