Many QuickBooks users face issues while using its various online services because these services require a stable internet network connection to work. However, the main reason behind this is the Firewall present on your system. The Firewall blocks QuickBooks from accessing the Internet connection, and thus you face various issues. If you are wondering why your Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks, then go through the blog given below.
The blog will specify the reasons behind this error and will help you rectify it.
However, if you are unaware of how to fix firewall errors in QuickBooks and want to access the internet connection on the application, then consult our experts at the Toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359 to get verified solutions.
What Factors Trigger the Windows Firewall Is Blocking QuickBooks Error?
The two prominent reasons that might be triggering the firewall to block your QuickBooks on the system are:
- Windows Firewall or any other third-party antivirus applications may sometimes automatically block the QB application, considering it a threat.
- Firewalls on the system can also restrict QuickBooks from accessing the internet access ports. And since the QB application relies on specific ports for its smooth functioning, such restrictions can also cause troubles while working on the application.
You May Also Like to Read: Email To Quickbooks Desktop
Ways to Fix The Windows Firewall Is Blocking QuickBooks Issue
Here we have listed two ways that you can use to fix the issue if your firewall is blocking QuickBooks. Follow the process step by step to rectify the error.
Way 1: Configure Firewall Settings for QuickBooks Manually
- Open the Windows Firewall Settings from the Start button.
- Then, go to Advance settings and right-click on the Inbound Rules option.
- After that, click on the option that says New Rule on your screen.
- Then, click on the port option and hit Next.
- After that, check that the entered TCP is correct.
- Now, enter the specific port number of your QB Desktop version and choose the Allow the connection option, and click Next.
- Lastly, create a new rule and name it as QBPorts(year), and hit the Finish button.
- The above steps were for the Inbound rules, do the same steps again for the Outbound rules also.
Way 2: Launch the Windows System Again
- For this, you need to first click on the Windows symbol.
- Then, hit the Power button and click on the Restart button from the menu.
- Then, wait till your PC restarts.
- After this, wait a bit and start your QuickBooks again.
The Final Words!
Hopefully, the blog given above has explained to you why your Windows Firewall Is Blocking QuickBooks, and you will be able to fix this issue easily now. However, if you still have any doubts left, then we recommend you to connect with our QuickBooks experts at the Toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359.
Also Read: QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77